Monday 20 January 2014

Monday, Monday....Atlantic Hearts Sketch #39

(hum some "Mamas and Papas" along with me...)
So today is a little bittersweet.
This is my last posting as a member of the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge team.
I've had a great time this past six months, playing along with Michelle's sketches, and chatting with Darla and the other gals on the DT. I had the GREAT pleasure of meeting Michelle and Darla in the flesh this past summer, while on vacation out East. They truly are a dynamic duo and the team is well-run; the group is very supportive and the sketches really stretch your creativity. Atlantic Hearts has a design team call open--check it out at:  THIS LINK.

Anyway, I'm trying to simplify my life a bit. The amount of time I spend online commenting, linking, etc was starting to create some friction on the home front. Plus I return to work this week, after several months of only sporadic hours. So I've cut down my DT work to just one team at a time.
SOOO, without further ado or navel-gazing, here is the sketch!
I've used some old, long retired CTMH striped paper for the background. The focal image is a stamp I received for Christmas from the fam-jam (see supply list below), dressed up with some clouds and a sentiment from a CMTH stamp set.
I embossed the vertical red panel with some hearts, and mounted the circular panel on a vellum mat. I've seen this out on the Interwebz--it gives dimension and interest without hiding the other elements on the card.

Sending love to all the Atlantic Hearts gals!

❤❤❤❤❤
Want to try your hand at this sketch? Head on over to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge. You have until Sunday night at midnight to link up. Design team inspiration will be posted Wednesday.

Happy crafting,
Caroline

Supplies:
Cardstock: CTMH Cherry-O (retired), black, white daisy, tulip (retired); vellum (Michael's)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black; CTMH Whisper grey
Hearts embossing folder: Provocraft 
Nestabilities cutting dies: circles, scalloped circles
Copic Markers
Stamps: Frog's Whiskers Ink "Bird Tree"; CTMH "Lifting Spirits," C1570 
Wink of Stella glitter pen 

11 comments:

  1. I love the image, and such a great style combined with the cloudy scalloped die cut and colors.
    Great card!

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. :) I just have to reply, I dont use markers. I color with reinkers mixed with water, and a waterbrush. I have been wanting to try markers, but never got around to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! I love the vellum scalloped circle behind your inked panel! LOOOOOOOOVE your coloring- WOWOWOWOWZA! I really need to learn how to color- LOL! Beautifully done <3

    ps.. THANKS so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your birdie panel Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the soft coloring and the vellum mat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, and I am very sad to have you leave the design team. It's been great having you as part of the time, and it was great having that crafting day together over the summer. Hope to see you participate whenever you find the time, and I hope you know that you are always welcome to reapply for the design team for another term. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. love the colouring around the tree. so sorry your leaving the DT at Atlantic hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are going to miss your great cards but I totally understand the need to streamline! Now onto your stunning card, this is so beautiful, I love the stamping and colouring and shading, everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Love what you did here,. Enjoy what you are going to be doing now, and pop in and see what is being done once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! So pretty and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!