Friday 2 August 2013

Color My Heart...Ruby! Challenge #54

Care for a little chocolate, anyone?

This week's challenge at Color My Heart is a fun one:
Use the assigned neutrals, Cashmere and Champagne, and add a colour of your choice.

I added a further neutral, CHOCOLATE, so I could use the sa-weet Stamp of the Month Set, "A Chocolate Affair." My colour is RUBY, a juicy red, inspired by the chocolate-covered strawberry which is part of the stamp set.
The 3x8 card design comes from the CTMH How-to book, Originals.

Here's a close-up of those yummy chocolate treats:
masked off  portions of each stamp to get the different colours

I finished the inside of this card, adding a white panel for writing (on the Cashmere card base), and hiding the raw edge of the delicious chocolate-striped grosgrain ribbon with yet more chocolates...
The best part about this post? The "Chocolate Affair" stamp set is FREE this month, with a $50 order to your favorite CTMH consultant! No excuse not to get inky, or chocolate-y...
*****

Off you go, to the Color My Heart blog to see some more colorful creations with Cashmere and Champagne. Then, add your own colour to this combo and link up your project. You have all week to play (link closes at noon, August 8th). We love to see your take on the colour challenge!
Keep close tabs on the Color My Heart blog over the next week--new design team members and new winner badges to be revealed...

Happy crafting!
Caroline

Supplies Used:
Card stock in Cashmere, Champagne, Ruby, and Colonial White
Inks: Cashmere, Champagne, Chocolate, and Ruby
Originals Card Confidence Program: 9036
2" scallop punch
Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon Z1617

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I probably would have added ruby too, my favorite of the new colors, well, that or slate. But ruby goes better with these two colors and I'm loving the height of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pops of deep red here...and the perfectly stamped images. Love how you isolated 'chocolate' up onto the little banner...and the layout is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheap jimmy choo uk, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap women jimmy choo pumps , the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!