Monday 15 July 2013

Friendly Fluttering...Atlantic Hearts Sketch #12


What's your recipe for card creativity?

This question was posed by my blogging friend Lyndal a couple of weeks ago.  My response is similar to hers, in that there are usually several ingredients.

  1. A great sketch:

    2.  A colour combination: 
    Color My Hearts' Dare #51: Bamboo, Desert Sand and one other colour;

    3.  A theme or element that has caught my eye over the past week:
    This gorgeous postcard image coloured with chalk inks, from a Paper Wishes' "Simply Ann" tutorial.

    I threw in one of my favorite cutting dies, Lil' Inkers' Stitched Mats-Rectangles, and voilà, this card:
    I used Desert Sand and Bamboo as mats, on a Colonial White card base. I stamped the butterfly from the retired CTMH set Find Your Style (D1452) in Memento Rich Cocoa, as I intended to colour it with alcohol markers, and didn't want any colour bleeding. I used two shades of Honey marker, then added just a touch of Sorbet for a hint of warmth... (so strictly speaking, it doesn't count for the Color My Heart challenge, but I'm going to link it anyway!).
    The ribbon is a remnant from my stash.
    Here it is head-on:
    I've been seeing a lot of butterflies bursting out of cards on some Stampin' Up blogs, so this is my version--stamping a large image on a too-small base. 

    Head on over to the Atlantic Hearts challenge to see the sketch. You have until midnight next Sunday to link up your version.  What will inspire your creation?
    ☀☀☀
    Happy Crafting,
    Caroline

16 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card Caroline - love how the stitching ties in with the loops on the ribbon :)
    Thanks for the shout out too :) I love hearing how everyone crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down. Right. STUNNING!! (I love this butterfly and it makes me so sad that they haven't brought it back to the regular line catalog.) I will copy and paste this into my "to be CASE'd later" file. I can see this in all sorts of colors and styles. Hmmm...my brain is already spinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely! That butterfly is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lush, love the colours you have used,

    happy crafting
    Jay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! Beautiful, simple, stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning, love the stitching, love the butterfly, love, love, love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Color my Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this card. Iw have not tried inking to colors on that stamp before, and it is one of my faves. Thanks for the inspiration .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Becca, this card is to DIE for! Lovely coloring of the butterfly (which is a stamp I keep wishing I had BTW), and I love the stitched die cuts! I also love your bow. You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK YOU so much Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card, Caroline! I always loved that butterfly and now I'll have to use it soon! Great job with the sketch too!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!! I adore this design. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!