Friday 19 April 2013

Color My Heart Denim... Color Dare #39


Hello, Color My Heart fans!
This week's challenge colours are a bunch of cooler shades:
SKY
GYPSY &
OUTDOOR DENIM

Well, these didn't inspire me to sing the blues, but they did remind me that my DH is going out of town (actually, half-way around the world!) next week for work, and I like to tuck a little love into his suitcase. So, I made this card:
It is a 3.5" x 8" card, a different size for me. I wanted to feature this lovely stamp set which is included in the "For Always" Workshop-on-the-Go.
I've already put together the lay-out from this kit, using photos from our 25th anniversary (for those of you married only a few years--they go SOOO fast!). Which I'll post someday--just have to find a duplicate of one of our original wedding photos. We were so young and cute... 
Anyway, some great sentiments and images in this set, fit for a "missing you" card.
One of the fun things you can do with a solid image stamp is to create a 3D-papier tole effect. I simply stamped the image three times, and cut the pieces out, omitting part of the image each time, then stacking them up with foam tape, see above.

I also used some of the stamps to embellish the inside of the card:

So, what do those cool blue shades inspire you to create? Come on over to the Color My Heart blog, see what the other gals have done, and link up your projects. We love to see your take on the challenge colours!

Happy crafting,
Caroline

Supplies Used:
Claire paper pack (denim paper) G1056
White daisy card-stock
Inks: Gypsy, Sky, Outdoor Denim, Cashmere, Champagne
Stamp set from For Always WOTG: G1055
Chevron ribbon: Z1808
Purple sparkles from For Always Card-kit:  G1060
Corner punch (We Are Memory Keepers)
Foam tape

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card...love the layering/fussy cutting! What a nice surprise for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this stamp set! The layered flowers over the sky triangular pieces are wonderfully creative accents. You make me want to buy this WOTG just for the stamps that are in it--although I love the paper too. Thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love the layered flower and the stamping inside the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! I love the height and elegance of it and the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so classy! My husband sortof rolls his eyes when I make him little love notes, but they stay on his desk for a long, long time (though I'm not sure if that's because he secretly loves them or is just lazy). Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so mod, Caroline! Really cool layout, the way you made a banner out of the ribbon. I love your technique of stacking the flower and that "love" stamp is so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Caroline - love the paper pieced rose and the bling. Where is Chris headed this time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this color because it is a great use of the colors and uses one of the comment alternative card sizes too! Really nice layout and how you used the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally different, and I love that. This ribbon is tricky because of its optical illusion, but you nailed it in this card. My favorite part is the pop-up layering trick with the flower. Definitely something I will use! Thanks for the inspiration again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous Caroline! I love what you did with that colour combo and great layering too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - LOVE your layered flower.
    We're celebrating 21 years this week - and yes, they do fly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card, love that you made it as a surprise tuck-away for your hubby's suitcase and yes those years of bliss fly by quickly! We have been married for 33 years this May and we are originally from Dorion, just down the road from you :)
    Thanks for your kind words on the Moxie Fab World.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!