Tuesday 11 December 2012

I HEART you--Dynamic Duos #32



Its a monochromatic theme this week at The Dynamic Duos--A Two-Colour Challenge--#32, featuring  two shades of pink:
Even the names pinks are pretty, don't you think? I used the CTMH versions: Blush and Hollyhock, and a retired stamp set (XXX) to create a card which is cleaner and simpler than is usual for me...
I also used Lil' Inker Designs' stitched mats dies for my focal image and a second smaller one folded in half for the sentiment tag. The sentiment itself is from this month's release at Paper Smooches, "We Connect". I liked the combination of the large X's and O's and the small words. Some Twinery fibre in Blossom and a felt rolled flower made with a Sizzix die. And a little Martha Stewart glitter on the hearts stamped inside the O's... A little glitter, judiciously applied, can be a wonderful thing!

Now, back to Christmas crafting...what are you working on today?
P.S.  The Dynamic Duo deadline is Thursday at noon (Dec. 13th).

Cheers,
Caroline

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, oooh, oooh, I love the way this card turned out! My favorite part is the sparkly heart in the middle of the O's. Fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! I love all the little details you added..the felt flower, the twine..and glitter...fun. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. ;-) The big X's and O's are so fun in these colors, and I love that little tag adorned with that beautiful rose and twine. Very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Liner - great use of the PS stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely, the sparkly hearts are just gorgeous and I love the use of the pretty rose with the tag. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card! The layout with the X's and O's is perfect. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Caroline! Love how you did the lettering and the stitched mat really finishes it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!